- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer
Because Ema nominated me first, I'm going to answer her 11 questions-
- What's your favorite childhood memory?
Going shopping with Grandmama when she would come to visit. I'd get to go on at least 2 shopping sprees/year. Why can I not have those shopping sprees today as a married adult?!?
- Where would you vacation right now if money was no object?
We've talked about 3 "big" vacations we would like to take. So either hiking Machu Picchu in Peru, an Alaskan cruise, or Napa Valley Wine tour. A trip to Italy wouldn't be too bad either :)
- What is your dream job?
One where I don't have to work a lot and can be home most of the time, but still get a paycheck. I mean I complain about my job now and I don't want to go to work when I'm scheduled, but it is a pretty sweet gig overall. I'm a labor and delivery nurse; I love my job and really wouldn't want to do anything different. I work four 8hr shifts/month. That's not too shabby... I would like the same job, but in a perfect work environment. So for me that would mean a birthing center that had a holistic/natural view of birth, that wasn't governed by fear of "something going wrong", that was ALWAYS properly staffed, and doesn't have all the ridiculous paperwork that medical institutions seem to always have these days. Oh and of course all the equipment you needed would always be available in working order...
- What's your favorite season?
Spring or Fall. I don't like weather that is too hot or too cold. I love flowers blooming in the spring and getting to be outside more. In the fall I love the crisp mornings and warm afternoon sun.
- Chocolate or vanilla?
I've been a chocolate person my whole life, but recently I've been wanting nothing but Turkey Hill All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- How do you pamper yourself?
Ideally, with a massage, mani/pedi, followed by sipping on a really sweet coffee drink at a local coffee shop while sitting in a overly stuffed comfy chair reading a book. That night I would enjoy a meal completely cooked and cleaned up by my husband, a bottle of wine, a snugging up next to him on the couch for a good movie. Not that this has EVER happened, but I wouldn't mind a day like this :) A girl can dream, right?
- What is your favorite sport or hobby?
I love soccer. I played pretty competitively growing up, but don't play anymore. Now I enjoy running.
- Friday night out or Friday night in?
Money's no object? Friday night OUT! (We don't get out very often anymore...)
- It's a rainy day...are you watching a movie or reading a book?
Reading a book
- What is your favorite board or card game?
11 Random Facts-
- I got a perm in the 3rd grade. It was quite possibly the worst hairstyle I've EVER had.
- I grew up (mostly) in Delaware. I love my family, but I have no desire to ever live there again.
- I was born in Texas. I am a 5th generation Texan. Sad I couldn't have a 6th generation Texan.
- I always wanted to marry a southern boy with a pick-up truck- DONE! (But he sold his truck before we were married. That was a sad day.)
- I was allergic to dogs and cats growing up so we never had pets. Well, unless you count a couple guinea pigs.
- Someday I really want to have my own successful garden and grow most of our own produce.
- I love wine. And I want some right now.
- I have no idea how to french braid mine or anyone else's hair. I've tried to learn, but never been able to do it... My poor daughter.
- I've run 3 half marathons and would like to run another. I have no desire to ever run a full marathon.
- My feet are ALWAYS cold
- Les Mis and Wicked are my favorite Broadway musicals
My questions for my nominees:
- What is something you have learned recently?
- What is in your fridge right now?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What is one article of clothing or accessory you are currently wanting?
- What is one thing you have pinned that you are wanting to create?
- What time do you typically wake up in the morning?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Who is your favorite Disney princess?
- What is the best book you've read recently? (I am needing some good book recommendations...)
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Tell us about your most recent (appropriate...) dream