Tuesday, February 19, 2013

{WIWW} Baby Shower

On Monday I briefly mentioned the baby sprinkle that Julie and Kristin threw for me on Saturday.  I always think skirts or casual dresses are appropriate shower attire.  But Saturday was NOT a skirt or dress day because 1. it was freezing outside and 2. my support hose are just about an every day necessity now and I'm not a fan of the skirt and pantyhose look- so pants it is.
I was pretty pumped about this scarf I found on sale at Target for $12 last week.  I immediately fell in love with the blue polka-dots AND had a $10 Target gift card from Christmas that I had not used so I came home with the scarf.  
I'm really liking the blue and yellow combo as well.






Scarf: Target
Cardigan: Gap Outlet (old)
Top: Gap Maternity (old)
Jeans: Gap Maternity
Boots: Nine West Outlet (old)


Julie and Kristin were so sweet to host a shower for me and I must say that their table spread is pinterest worthy.  Don't you agree?

I mean how cute is the chevron table runner and polka-dot cake?  (And yes it tasted pretty amazing too....)


Julie and Kristin- the sweet hosts

Remember this Go Team Bowen Banner?  No?  Well let me tell you about it.  When Chris and I were engaged, he explained to me (according to his love of football and sports) that I would be joining "his team".  We would no longer be two people making individual decisions, but a team who decisions and actions would significantly affect the other.  "Team Bowen" soon became a common phrase around these parts.  This banner made its first appearance at my bridal shower, and has now made its way to both my baby showers.




So glad my mother-in-law and sister-in-law [and nephew] could could come down for the shower!

Kristin had a couple Polaroid cameras from her wedding so they took pictures for me at the shower and made me a scrapbook that everyone signed.  Yes, I went home with a mini-scrapbook full of memories.  Now I don't have to make one.  Amazing.




Thanks ladies!


Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Because Shanna Said So.




Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. hehe, now you don't have to make one!! love that line. Very sweet of your friends and family to throw this sprinkle for you, they are little geniuses at work! Love the spread and decor, all very sweet and pretty. And you look amazing! Gosh! I would have scooped that scarf up too, such a fun print. Best wishes to you, soon enough you'll be throwing those support hose in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be one of the cutest pregnant ladies I have ever seen!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award...come network with me! The details are on my blog here: http://www.emasgrandideas.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is that outfit?! I love the blue with the yellow. Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you look so cute!! I am loving that scarf! I went shopping Monday and ended up buying a few things with polka dots, I guess I've been bitten! Happy Baby Sprinkle!! :) New follower from the hop...

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ps...maybe you'd be interested in entering my giveaway...not sure if you know the gender or not, but it's a super cute girl romper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute shower! Your cake is too, too cute. And I love what you wore, especially your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freezing weather is so not conducive to skirts and dresses--way to go practical and still look great in your jeans! Showers are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, how sweet! Great pictures, it looks like a fun day. Yellow and bright blue look so fresh together. I love how you used the belt to cinch it all together and accentuate your adorable bump. You are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable baby shower--I especially love your outfit! I'm glad Beth introduced me to your blog, finding fellow Jesus lovers and bloggers has been such an encouragement to me lately. Oh, and I love your blog header, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that polka dot scarf! I wish I could wear yellow! It's so bright and fun, but it washes me out!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute outfit! ill remember this next time i get pregnant!

    http://chumpyjan.blogspot.com/

    xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute!!!
    you are seriously one incredibly cute looking baby mama :)

    following you! <3

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this outfit. Definitely do-able whether you are pregnant or not!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are SOOOOO cute!! I love the belted cardigan and scarf - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit and cute baby bump! I love the yellow and the polka dots! Found you from WIWW link-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!