Friday, February 22, 2013

H54F

It's Friday again, and I'm not sure where the week went.  One of my goals for the month was to slow down.  Spoiler alert- I'm failing.   Anyhow, here's a brief recap of my week.




1. On Monday my sweet husband surprised me with flowers and movie tickets when I came home from work.  Yay!  I LOVE stargazer lilies and have been enjoying their scent all week.




2. Chris also installed this New Wave Enviro shower filter to our shower head to filter the chlorine out of the water.  Did you know that your body absorbs more chlorine through skin and lungs while showering than from drinking tap water?  Chlorine strips the body of protein and can leave skin feeling dry and itchy.  I had been looking at and reading about this shower filter for awhile and wondering if it would help the insane itching I've had during this pregnancy.  Y'all I'm not going to lie-it has helped.  Absolutely amazing.







3. We finally took Phoebe to a new pediatrician and loved him.  It was a great experience.  I felt like he thoroughly laid hands on my child and did a compressive well-check.  He also sat down and talked to me, answered my questions, and listened to me.  Why did we not do this sooner??  On the downside, Phoebe only weighs 18lbs 3oz.  I was really hoping for 20lbs.  We're back to adding butter to her food to try to increase her calorie intake...


4.  I have hit that point in pregnancy where I am no longer sleeping well.  I know some people have trouble sleeping throughout their pregnancy and I am thankful that it is just the last few weeks for me.  As much as I dislike medication I did dig out my Tylenol PM I had leftover from Phoebe's pregnancy.  I only had a few left in the bottle so I went out to get some more this week.  Did you know that Tylenol PM is currently unavailable?!?  I went to 2 different drug stores looking for it and can't find it anywhere!  The manufacturer website says its currently unavailable due to manufacturing and system upgrades.  WHAT?!?  I need it now!!!  I might resort to taking my Ambien that expired in 2011....





5.  Yes, I hit 100 followers on Monday!!  I can't believe it!  Thanks so much for stopping by to read my little blog.  Y'all are awesome and I appreciate you so much!  To celebrate I'm participating in a $150 GAP card giveaway.  Go enter to win!


Have a great weekend!!!




Photobucket





Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. My best friends little girl is small! She has always been tiny and they have had her eating all kinds of stuff. She may have been 18 lbs at her 18 month checkup. We have always joked my boy has literally been double her size since they were born.
    Yay for 100 followers but I see you are going to hit 150 soon! :)
    Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad all went well with the new pediatrician! Love the care bear sticker, haven't seen one of those in a while! I had no idea that the chlorine in our water could be such a problem, geez! Now I want to look into this!! Enjoy your weekend, hope you get to some rest!! OH! and CONGRATS on all your readers! You so deserve it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tylenol PM is nothing but a Tylenol Tablet and a Benadryl tablet as one pill. Maybe you can find the regular Tylenol and a bottle of Benadryl and try that??

    Also, I don't know if you've done it or not before, but I've nominated you for a Liebster award! You can read all about it on my blog here: http://lott2love.blogspot.com/2013/02/leibster-award-take-2.html

    Have a great weekend! Good luck with your sleep! PS, I'm loving those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my first, and am usually a great sleeper, but have begun waking at odd hours of the night. Wide awake, either hungry, thirsty or uncomfortable! I knew it happened to some of my friends, but didn't expect it to happen to me! Cheers to being awake at odd hours in the night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers & congrats on 100! Soon it will be 200, 300, and so on. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are so pretty! Congrats on 100 followers, I'm your newest. :)
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for commenting on my blog a while back. I'd love for you to follow me back http://laneyg02.blogspot.com

    beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!